Dont ignore the signs
Diabetes is a life-long and serious illness that’s becoming increasingly common as lifestyles change; usually as a result of diet or a lack of exercise. Cleveland Clinic are experts in the diagnosis, treatment and management of diabetes, offering therapy for all types of diabetes.
Am I at risk?
If you fall into any of these ‘at risk’ categories, we recommend you book in for a check-up:
- A close member of your family has Type 2 Diabetes (parent or brother or sister)
- You're overweight
- Your waist is 31.5 inches or over for women; 35 inches or over for Asian men and 37 inches or over for white and black men
- You have high blood pressure or you've had a heart attack or a stroke
- You're a woman with polycystic ovary syndrome and you are overweight
- You've been told you have impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glycaemia
- If you're a woman and you've had gestational Diabetes
- You have severe mental health problems
- Increased thirst
- Frequently going to the toilet , to pass water, especially at night
- Extreme tiredness
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Genital itching or regular occurrence of thrush
- Slow healing of wounds
We offer a range of different treatments for Diabetes including: Lifestyle and diet advice, oral antiglycaemic tablets and assistance with insulin and injectable medications. Book an appointment now if you you’re concerned you may be experiencing any combination of the above symptoms.